Thursday, December 4, 2008

I wonder? A prologue

I wonder...

Why am I doing this? Who cares? Who's going to read this anyway?

Blogging is something I've been thinking about doing for a while. I suppose it's somewhat of a public journal. I don't have any profound thoughts, wise insights, or prophetic sayings (although, sometimes I wish I did). Mostly, it's an opportunity to get out what I'm thinking and feeling on any given day on any given subject. I might talk about family, I'm a husband to one lovely wife and a father to a son and a daughter (our third is coming in March and no we don't know what the sex is); I might talk about work (I'm the Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator for a small Christian college); I might talk about church (I'll be deacon in January); I might talk about friends, or food, or music, or scripture.

I wonder what I'll blog about?

People who know me well, know that I ask alot of questions and I wonder about alot of things. Not profoundly, or deeply even, but quietly. (My wife says I never tell her anything.) Lately, I wonder why I feel the way I do, I wonder if I'll say the right thing, do the right thing, make the right decision, and on and on and on...it's insecurity, mostly. But why am I insecure? I think we all struggle with insecurity from time to time.

Maybe this blog is a way to get over some of that. If I write about it maybe I'll find some answers. Maybe it will lead to more questions.

I wonder...?

No comments: