Well it’s been nearly two weeks since my last post and there’s been a lot going on. Here are a few highlights from the past twelve days or so:
1. Internship Ends – August 2nd was my last official day with Degage Ministries. I enjoyed my summer there very much. As I’ve mentioned a few times on this blog – they’re great people and they do some great things. My time with them finished with a trip to the beach in Grand Haven with some of the patrons. A good time was had by all.
2. Summer Rec for the Kids -- I don’t think I mentioned this here ever, but I was the assistant coach for Bethany’s summer rec softball team as well. Her head coach was a young lady named, Tiffany, and she did an amazing with those thirteen girls. The play fast pitch here so that was a new experience for her as well. Zachary played rec baseball too and had a good season – both of them finished their seasons on the 27th.
3. 14th Anniversary – Jessica and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary on August 2nd. I can’t believe it’s been that long already and I really can’t believe she still likes me. But we’re doing better than ever, and I’m so very thankful to God for giving me such a wonderful spouse. Since I was in Grand Haven already, she met me there later in the day and we went walking along the waterfront, went out for dinner, and enjoyed an ice cream on the boardwalk. It was great.
4. A Mini-College Reunion – We had the distinct honor of hosting our very good friends David & Missy Mulder and their two kids for a few nights. David and I have been friends since we met on the very first day of orientation at Dordt College as roommates and Missy and I have been friends since our sophomore year of high school at Southwest Christian. They traveled here from Sioux Center for a wedding of David’s cousin and we had a fantastic time catching up with them. On Thursday night, we had a cook-out at our place with two other friends from college and their families who now live in the Grand Rapids area and we had a blast. It was fun to reminisce!
5. Vacation Anticipation – Tomorrow is the big day – we leave for the Wisconsin Dells to spend 4 nights and 5 days at the Wilderness Resort (www.wildernessresort.com). We are going there with my whole family and it’s going to be crazy – 9 adults and 8 kids, 6 of which are under the age of 5. Our resort has no less than 6 waterparks and it’s going to be a blast. We are leaving first thing Monday morning and we are all excited.
So it’s been a wonderfully busy few weeks….lots of food, friends, endings, and beginnings. God is truly good! I hope your summers have been equally enjoyable!